The Cannon Valley Trail is one of only two bicycle trails in the state that are not owned by the State of Minnesota.
In order for us to continue to provide a well maintained and enjoyable trail experience, a wheel pass fee is charged for each user age 18 and older (under age 18 are free)
Wheel Passes are required when using bicycles, in-line skates, skateboards, or similar wheeled recreational devices,
from April 1st through November 1st.
All pedestrians, baby strollers and wheelchair users are exempt from the Pass requirement.
The Wheel Pass is non-transferable and sold to the individual, not sold to the recreational device. (Example: tandem bikes require two passes if two adults are operating.)
Your cooperation is appreciated.
To obtain Individual Daily and Season Wheel Passes:
- Purchase your wheel pass on-line here:Daily Wheel Pass is $5, Season Wheel Pass is $25.
- Print Wheel Pass Form. Complete and mail with remittance to trail office.
- Purchase from these local merchants,
- Purchase at the Trail office during regular business hours
- Purchase from Trail Attendants – weekends only. Please have cash or check, they are not equipped to accept credit cards at this time.
- Trail-side self-pay stations are also available at all major accesses. Check or exact change is required.
Season Passes purchased on-line, with the Wheel Pass Form or at a Trail-side self- pay station – will be mailed to you. Please allow 7 days for processing.