2019-2020 Replacement of Bridges at Mile 3.8 (Anderson Rest); Mile 5.2 and Mile 7.3 (High Bridge)
Expected completion date: May 15, 2020
- This $1.4M project is made possible with support of the Greater MN Parks and Trail Commission, MN DNR Parks and Trail Legacy Grant Program and by private donations.
- More Photos: https://cannonvalleytrail.com/bridge-construction/
2019-2022 Prairie Restoration Project
- This project is made possible by a MN DNR Conservation Partners Legacy Grant and by private donations.
- Buckthorn has been removed and prairie land will be prepped for reseeding with native prairie grass in the spring.
2020-2021 Installation of Vault Toilets
- Vault toilets will be installed at Anderson Rest ( Mile 5.2) and Cannon Bottom Road (Mile 15.5)
- This project is made possible with the support from the Greater MN Regional Parks and Trails Commission, MN DNR Legacy Grant Program and private donations.
2020-2021 Way-finding Sign Project
- This project will improve visitor experience through the implementation of comprehensive signage to reduce way finding confusion to connecting trails and to direct visitors to significant historical and cultural elements along the CVT
- This project is made possible by the Greater MN Regional Parks and Trails Commission, MN DNR Legacy Grant Program and private donations.
- Replacement of 4 Bridges between WSA and Red Wing
- Purchase of 2 Trail Counters
- Purchase of tractor mount mower to provide easier/safer mowing of uneven trail shoulders and prairies