Winter activities allowed on the Cannon Valley Trail.
Cannon Falls :
- From Mile #0 to Mile #3 in Cannon Falls, the trail will NOT be plowed or groomed. Walking, fat-tire biking and snowshoeing are allowed as conditions allow.
- From Mile #3 to Mile #8, near Welch, the trail is closed for bridge replacement project.
Welch Station Access to Red Wing :
The trail will be groomed for classic cross-country skiing and tracked for skate skiing and snowshoes. NOTE: Cross Country skiers must have a MN DNR Ski Pass.
- from Welch to Mile #15.4 in Red Wing
- NO BIKES!
Red Wing :
- From Mile #19.7/Old West Main Access in Red Wing to Mile # 17.4/Pepin Ave in Red Wing, the trail will be plowed for walking and all types of biking, including fat tire bikes.
- From Mile # 17.4/Pepin Ave in Red Wing to Mile # 15/Cannon Bottom Road in Red Wing, the trail will be groomed for classic cross-country skiing, skate-skiing, snowshoes, and fat tire bikes.
- From Mile #15.4/Cannon Bottom Road in Red Wing to Mile #1/Ball-field and Ski Access in Cannon Falls, the trail will be tracked for classic cross-country skiing, skate skiing and snowshoeing. NO BIKES!